Home  |  Sitemap |  Contact Us

Find It Fast

Judge Charles J. Karisch

Waller County Justice of the Peace, Precinct One

846 6th Street, Suite One; Hempstead, Texas 77445

Phone: 979-826-7745 OR Email: wcjp1@wallercounty.us

*Court hours may be limited, please contact the court before arriving.*

  • All non-essential court proceedings have been postponed until further notice.


    If you wish to make an appearance on your traffic citation, you may do so by emailing the court. Please view the following options available to you to resolve your traffic citation.

    To request an affidavit of indigence and alternative payment options, please email the court

    To determine if your citation is filed in Precinct 1 you may perform a Case SearchPrecinct 1 case numbers will end with "JP1".


    Si necesita ayuda en espanol, haga clic aqui.


    To ensure your payment is processed correctly, please use your Driver's License number as the docket number. If you do not have a Driver's License number, please email the court.

    Click here to pay your fine.


    To enter a plea of NOT GUILTY, click here.

    Please notify the court if you would like a Bench Trial. 

  • Under the Texas Supreme Court order, residential eviction cases other than those that are an imminent threat of criminal activity or harm to the plaintiff, the plaintiff's employees or other tenants are on hold until further notice. However, you may file your court documents with the court electronically at wcjp1@wallercounty.us.

    For assistance in drafting a court document please utilize the links below: 

    Texas law requires each court to make available to pro se litigants  (persons representing themselves in court) information on self-help resources. 

    For step-by-step assistance on drafting your court documents, please visit Guide and File.

    To view a specific document, visit TexasLawHelp.org and use the search box in the top right-hand corner for the best results. 

    The Texas State Law Library contains a wealth of information. 

    After your court document is drafted, you may file it with the court electronically at wcjp1@wallercounty.us, please download or save the file to your device to attach. 

    A civil filing fee payment can be made by debit or credit card online here.

  • A marriage license may be obtained from the County Clerk's Office. Your marriage license must be purchased at least 72 hours before your ceremony and no more than 90 days. If you would like to schedule a ceremony, please email the court. 

Copyright © Waller County Texas  2017. All rights reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM